7. LONDON BASICS
Watch the video and answer the questions. Use the subtitles if you think you need them and watch the video twice.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F4GDdanQNA
8. VIDEOS TO MAKE YOU THINK ...
and you don't need much English to understand them
a. I LOST MY PHONE
From the organization Save the Children, this video depicts a young girl's life gets turned upside-down in this second a day video that may get you to think about your daily routine.
9. SURF DOGS TAKE TO THE WAVES IN CALIFORNIA
Here's a video about a special competition. Read the article and answer the questions below.
1. Where and when did the competition take place?
2.How many dogs took part in the event?
3. How was the competition organised?
4. The event is a way of raising money. Who will get the money?
Now watch the video and focus on what the owners of the dogs are saying.
5. Try and understand -if the dogs have fun -who taught them
10. SPECIAL TOYS
The toy industry shuts out children with disabilities. Someone wants to change that.
Read the article and watch the interview. Try and figure out the
problem and the solution the organisation suggests.
What do you think of this topic?
11. A TEACHER WITH BRAINS AND
This teacher used a game show win to surprise every student in her school. Big time.
Read the article and watch the first video:
1. Where does the teacher live and work?
2. What did she take part in?
3. How did her experience end? Did anyone help her? How?
4. How much did she win?
5. What did she decide to do and why?
Watch the second video
6. How did the story end?
7. How did her pupils feel?