12 .'SUPERCAR SEASON' HITS CENTRAL LONDON
Watch the video and liste to the interviews. Then answer the questions
1. What happens every summer in London? What's the consequence?
2. How do people react? Are they all happy/sad with the event?
3. What are the possible solutions? What are the pros and cons of each solution?
4. Watch the video again and focus on the tourists and the people on the street... Describe their behaviour and their feelings. Do you share their attitude? What would you do if you were in their
13. MALALA CELEBRATES STRING OF TOP GCSEs
Read the article about Malala's achievement at school.
1. Is she a good student? Which subjec(s) is she particularly good at? How do you know?
Then use the article and the links to other articles or videos to look for information about
2. who Malala is
3. when and where she was born
4. when and how she first got public attention
5. what happened to her on 12 October 2012 and why; what the consequences were.
6. where she is living now and why
7. what important prize she won in 2014 and what she was doing when they told her about it
8. what she is still fighting for and if she is famous for a particular speech or slogan (which one)
9. OVER TO YOU Did you know about Malala before reading the article? What do you think about her?
14. NATURE RX (PART 1)
Watch the video of this commercial and answer the questions.
Feel free to use subtitles in English
1. What product are they advertising?
2. How did the man feel before using this product?
3. Who can use it?
4. What problems or illnesses can it sort out?
5. Are there any side effects in taking this product?
6. Now watch the video again and consider the tone of the speaker and his message… Is there anything strange?
7. What type of commercial do you think this is? Are they really selling something?
Now read the article
8. Does it support or criticise the commercial? How do you know?
9. Are there any links in the article to more scientific groundings to what they are saying?
Over to you!
10. What do you think of the commercial and of the website?
11. Do you agree with the message of the commercial and of the article? Why/Why not?
12. What do you think of the title? What does it mean and imply in your opinion?
15. MIGRANTS TRAVELLING THROUGH EUROPE
A. Read and listen to the news about the flow of migrants travelling through Europe and do the exercises
B. Listen to some more information on the News Report and Lingohack sum up the information you have found in a written report
C. Watch these videos and choose the one you think can help you to understand this situation better. In one minute, tell your friends what it is about.