16. A TRIP TO EXPO MILANO 2015
WEB QUEST: Before going to Milan to visit EXPO 2015, let's find out more information about the Exhibition.
Visit http://www.expo2015.org/en/learn-more and answer the questions
1.When and where does the Expo 2015 take
place? 2. What’s the name
of the mascot? What does it look like?
3. How many countries are
4. How big is the area of Expo?
EXTRA TASK: Find out more about the history and the meaning of EXPO
B. Focus on the COMMUNICATION CAMPAIGN
5. What’s the core theme?
6. Watch the commercial and say what you think the key idea and or techniques are
7. Describe the advertising campaign designed for Expo Milano
Expo Milano 2015 - Institutional video in English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qizg7a-52jg
C. EXPLORE http://www.expo2015.org/en/explore :
8. What’s the difference between clusters and thematic areas? .
9. What's Pavillion Zero? Where is it ? Why is it a special place at EXPO?
10. What's the Tree of Life? What does it represent? http://www.expo2015.org/en/news/all-news/the-tree-of-life-has-been-raised--a-contemporary-work-that-has-its-roots-in-the-renaissance
D. Focus on the THEMATIC AREAS and visit
11. How many thematic areas are there and what types of educational experiences do they provide?
12. Which thematic area would you like to visit and why?
E. Focus on PARTICIPANTS and visit
13. What’s the difference between official and non official participants?
14. How about Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)?
15. Do all participants have their own website? What does this imply? Compare, for example, Slovenia http://www.expo2015.org/en/participants/countries/slovenia and Lithuania http://www.expo2015.org/en/participants/countries/lithuania How are they different?
OVER TO YOU
F. Expo Milano 2015 is a thrilling round-the-world trip brimming with surprises. Every pavilion offers a journey through the culture, perfumes, colors and traditions of its people
Choose a COUNTRY and analyse its participation to Expo as regards –the pavilion; -the slogan; -the promotional technique(s) the organizers have decided to use
Look at the interactive map and describe the Exhibition Site. http://www.expo2015.org/en/explore#
Where’s your favourite pavilion?
16. Choose a pavilion and find out –where it is; -a picture of the pavilion; -why they have decided to build it in this particular shape or with these characteristics; - what it focuses on; -how it is organised; -if it has a slogan and or offers gadgets and why
READ THESE ARTICLES AND FIND OUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF THE EXPO
EXPO 2015: marketing a tutto spiano
Expo Top ten dei padiglioni più visti Sul podio salgono Usa, Oman e Qatar